Wednesday 22 December 2010

It's All Good!

Well, I am going to have to eat my hat and hang my head in shame for being pessimistic!

The Landrover got recovered this morning (as they promised), the hire car was delivered this afternoon (as promised) and I got to Tesco to do the Christmas food shopping (as scheduled!).

All morning I had been monitoring FaceBook and was hearing grim stories about the supermarkets being rammed with people and next to nothing left on the shelves. Turkeys were apparently being tagged (not in the ASBO sense I might add!) to discourage thieves and there was no veg left.

I set off feeling glum. I need not have worried, the aisles were negotiated perfectly, no more people than normal and the shelves were stocked full. All the staff had smiles on their faces and were very helpful - the other shoppers however looked as if they were sucking lemons and none of them had any festive spirit.

My two toddlers, were beautifully behaved and being lovely to all passers-by. The only people to respond were some lads in their early 20's and they made a great fuss of them both - that was heartening in itself.

I am now feeling very festive, and especially excited about Christmas Day - mainly to see my children's little faces when they realise the big man has been - magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment