Tuesday 7 December 2010

Couldn't Knock The Skin Off A Rice Pud

Not only does my affection lay with G&T, but I have been known to consume the odd pudding here and there. As my waistline can currently testify, I probably partake in them a little too often and this is the reason why I joined Slimming World a few months ago!

Anyhoo, this morning, I quite clearly, utterly and totally remember saying to the hubstacle 'As its -10 degrees today, how about I make you a lovely hearty rice pudding for when you come in?'

Naturally, this went down very well indeed and he went off to work, with a spring in his step, happy and outside with the animals all day. So you would now assume that I scooted off in to the kitchen and lovingly prepared, with my own fair hands, this pud of sweet milkiness for him to enjoy and warm him when he arrived home?

No, I promptly forgot.

Well, I hear you cry, you do have Aardvark and Rhino to entertain all day. This is true in as such that I have had to break up fights and tantrums, clear up biscuits trodden in to the carpet, change nappies and the like. But actually if the truth be known, I could have found a few minutes to bung together some pudding rice, sugar and nutmeg (I even have some I don't have to grate!).

It seems though when the hubstacle voiced his disappointment at the severe lack of dessert, I somehow made him feel guilty for daring to even be upset.

In actual fact, and on reflection, I think I was feeling as bit guilty about sitting in the warm house, drinking coffee, watching cBeebies and not giving his pudding needs a second thought.

So, what to do? Well, if I make a rice pudding for him tomorrow, my guilt will be obvious. I don't think Ice Cream is going to go down very well in these Baltic conditions and I made him his favourite tiffin the other day.

Hang on, I made him tiffin.... so in actual fact, the hubstacle owes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment