Sunday 26 December 2010

Festive Frolics

I have purposely not written my blog since the 23rd, mainly because I have been far too busy, but mostly because I have no wish to let it interrupt time with my family. Usually I write last thing at night, this probably accounts for the distinct lack of followers as I publish the posts late and there is no bugger awake to read it!

This is the first year that Aardvark has had an understanding of the whole Chrstmas concept and it has been truly magical for us to see it. she took the job of preparing a drink, mince pie and carrot for the big man, very seriously indeed. Both children settled to sleep and The Hubstacle and I, enjoyed a lovely meal before bringing the presents out of their various hiding places and setting up for the morning.

I recall saying that we were spending this year on our own, and I have to admit, it was a very stress-free day. I do like organising get togethers and parties, but it was lovely not to have to entertain people.

My babies were ver excited about seeing their presents and even more so when they were unwrapped and we all had great fun playing with them. I was exceptionally happy as I got an iPad, the husband knows me so well!

The day went very quickly, we did our phone calls to various family members, who all seemed to be having a great time without us too!

Today has been much the same and tomorrow we are off to see my out-laws for the day, the children will have too many sweets and my husbands sister and mother can see first hand just how naughty Rhino has got!

I am going to let them get in with it!

Hope you all had a lovely time x

No comments:

Post a Comment