Thursday 3 March 2011

Gone But Not Forgotten!

I can't believe that it has been so long since I last posted - madness because I don't even know where the time has gone and that is a scary thought in itself!

The issue has been that my business has taken on in a bit of a bananas way. I have been taking bookings left right and centre and am fully booked for March and April (apart from the Bank Holiday weekend and I don't really want to do anything then).

In addition to this I have been organising various events and doing all of the promotional material for that. My degree course has started again, its 3 weeks until opening night for Singin' In The Rain which I am in. I have also been roped in to doing the Vagina Monologues next week.

Now someone has asked me to train for the Edinburgh Moonwalk (June) with them, all this with running a house and garden, looking after two little children and trying to grab some time with my husband!

The conclusion that many will reach is that I clearly do too much and need to cut down. But the truth is that I like being busy, I always perform better under pressure of some sort and I think that this certainly stems from being in the Police for many years.

I am not Super Mum and I often make mistakes, I don't try and pretend that I can cope when I can't and sometimes a meltdown is on the cards when everything falls about my ears.

The one thing I am sure of though is that if things need to be culled because my family are suffering, then I have no hesitation in cutting stuff out.

Right, dinner for children, daughter off to ballet in an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment