Tuesday 24 July 2012

Buttercream and Paint

Day 2 of the Summer Holidays, after the jam tart debarcle yesterday, we ran out of time to decorate the cakes I got the children to rustle up in the wake of the pastry disaster! This is NOT my actual cooker by the way!
So, this morning's activity was getting stylish with cupcakes and buttercream icing - or in Rhino's case - just shoving it on and eating as much as possible without being seen.
The end result was a very pretty cupcake stand, 2 happy children, a happy hubstacle (he got to eat the cakes) and a pretty chuffed me - I had just about got over the pastry incident!
So, I had a few errands to run and the cheeblies were left in the capable hands of Daddy - he even remembered to feed them at lunchtime (I was impressed!).The circus is in town and I was lucky enough to be given 4 free tickets, that I was even luckier to get upgraded to front row ringside seats! This will be the first time that the ankle snappers and the husband have ever been to a circus. Mind you, they have changed from the days of my childhood when animals were involved. I remember being in awe of seeing these beautiful creatures - then when I grew up and found out about how they were treated, it was not so appealing. The circus now consists of acrobatic acts and as the hubstacle is obsessed with Cirque du Soleil (well the ladies in the skimpy outfits anyhow!) so I am hoping the whole thing will go down well in all areas!
So this afternoon, it was painting and drawing for the kids whilst I set about trying to research other activities for the holidays. I contacted a couple of friends suggesting that when the weather gets better (the South of England is currently on a heatwave - we here in North Northumberland are most certainly not!) on a sunny day pack up a few disposable BBQ's, picnics, games, swimming cossies and get a load of us down to the beach. The kids can play together and the mummies can have a nice get together! It seems that concentrating on the computer for 2 minutes more than usual means that all hell breaks loose with the paint - never mind, memories in the making!
It may not have been a laugh a minute, adreneline fuelled, go go go day - but it has been productive and I am looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment