Monday 30 May 2011

Neighbourly Nonsense

Don't be fooled by my header bio. Yes, I do say it as it is, but in actual fact I very rarely run and hide behind my husband after doing so. I suppose it is in my nature to have an opinion, but that does not mean I think I am right all of the time, I do listen and take on board other people's way of thinking.

I live rurally and I only have 4 neighbours close by. I knew when I moved in that 2 of the families did not speak to one another, but that is not for me to be concerned about. As far as we are concerned, we get on well with everyone who lives around us. I am pretty confident that I could knock on any one of their doors and ask for help and it would be given.

I have never felt from either of the families that because we speak to the other one, that it is a problem. Things have trundled along nicely really, they are all adults and they can get on with it.

It does seem though that another 'incident' occurred over the weekend, which has caused further upset. The only issue I have with the whole thing is that the people on the receiving end of it all, are elderly and I know the lady was terribly upset - in fact she was crying when I took her a gift for looking after the chickens for us for a few days.

I cannot abide people using the weaknesses of others in order to intimidate. Mind you, there are two sides to every story aren't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment