Friday 27 May 2011

Is Nessie A Necessity?

Back and refreshed from our few days away in Scotland (apart from someone driving into our parked car!) - our friends have a holiday home about a 30 minute drive from Pitlochry (South East of Fort William). We were very lucky to get to use it and took the chance to travel (2hrs I might add!) to Loch Ness.

The visitors centre was really good, as was the exhibition. The children bought some cuddle Nessie's and we drove home yesterday. Aardvark's Nessie definately came into the house - I distinctly remember it laying on the kitchen floor. It came to bedtime and could we find the damn thing?

No!

I have been through bins, bags, cupboards and drawers. I have looked through clothes, coats, cars and toys. I have searched through places that sane, rational people would know there is not an ounce of possibility that the damn thing would be in there - but I looked just in case.

I have blamed The Hubstacle, me, Rhino and the dog - and he isn't even here.

I cannot for the life of me, think where it has gone. Now Aardvark is not desperately upset, I think she is confident that Mummy and Daddy will come up trumps and fined Nessie. I, on the other hand and now wondering if I should contact the shop and ask for another one to be sent to me?

I have to make clear that I am not a 'buy an identical goldfish to stop my child being upset' kind of parent. But on this occasion I really feel sorry for Aardvark, she spent some of her pennies on it (£7.99).

What to do? Ideas anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment