Saturday 28 May 2011

Delivery Details

My lovely sister in law is a few weeks from giving birth to her first child. The poor girl has really struggled through her pregnancy having been plagued with sickness, things swelling up, getting stuck on the sofa, not walking properly and generally having every pregnancy ailment going!

I penned her an email tonight, trying to give her some reassurance and tips for the birth. I know from experience that some of us mums like to scare the pants off of pregnant women by telling them all about our birthing stories - sometimes exaggerating bits too. I don't find this helpful and I think that it is very unfair on the mum to be. I am honest in saying that when I was expecting Rhino (my 4th), I was still scared to bits - mainly becaise I knew what was coming, but also because I didn't have a clue how it was going to go.

I wish that I had someone who was thoughful enough to drop me a line to give me encouragement and realistic information. I hope that my SIL takes it as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment