Sunday 22 December 2013

Week Two - 8th to 14th December 2013

Ah Ha! Gotcha - I bet you thought that this was another of my one hit wonders and that I would not be posting anymore of the niceness that I have been spreading in the world! Well, I was away last weekend and didn't have access to anything I could write my blog on that was bigger than my iphone so I though it best to keep you all in suspenders until today!
Credit for this picture goes to - http://www.fogeygentleman.co.uk/index.htm So here we go -
8th December - I normally snoop about other peoples websites and very rarely leave comments, unless I am particularly vexed or have something useful to add to a conversation. But today I decided to leave a comment complimenting the person about the use of wonderful images.
9th December - Being a school bus driver must be on a par with spending life like a cracked record (repeating yourself all the time), rounding up sheep (rounding up small children), being deafened on a daily basis (with the shrieking of said children) and not one able to clout them around the heads. I told our school bus driver what a brilliant job she does, she just smiled wearily before replacing her ear defenders and getting back in the drivers seat.
10th December - Picked up a bin that had blown over and all the road. Everyone else was just driving past and over it all - normally I would have done the same!
11th December - One of my friends is a splendid gal, she does lots for other people and in fact and in my opinion she is walked all over by quite a few of them. She went off to a local eatery for the evening with her mum - I slipped said mother a few quid to buy my pal a cheeky drink (or two!).
12th December - Spent a good 2 hours having a chat with a friend of mine. I had quite a bit of other stuff to do, but it wasn't as important as giving someone in need, a little bit of care and attention. Yes I was running horrendously behind with all of my stuff for the remainder of the day but some things are worth doing.
13th December - Went to the other end of the country today a-visiting rellies and to get the gifts delivered and do the rounds of sitting with old aunts, drinking their sherry and eating cake. Its a terribly hard job. We spent all day travelling, collapsed in the hotel but still managed a kind word to the rather harassed lady behind the bar who was grappling with the corkscrew! It was going to be a long night for her!
14th December - I now remember why I love living in a rural location so much. The City is bloody hell on earth and I seriously struggled being nice to anyone today. Shop assistants with no more goodwill and cheer than Scrooges left earlobe. Rude shoppers - all elbows, trolleys and buggy's. Apart from one staff member in Poundland - YES - I went into POUNDLAND, and I am not going to be embarrassed about it either. There were queues for queues reaching as far as the eye could see. Plenty of pushing, shoving and bad tempers but I reached the till and this chap was smiley, happy and took an interest in me and how I was feeling. What a nice chap! I left some feedback via their customer services. He made my day a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment