Thursday 10 November 2011

Lodging In The Lodge

The hubstacle found this mid-week break, back last spring and I must say that I have been looking forward to it a great deal, they managed to con us out of an extra £30 by scare-mongering us into buying a cancellation insurance in case of a repeat of the snow fall from last year. The weather has been glorious, but as I said to the hubstacle, sod law if we don't buy it, the white stuff will blanket the while country to a standstill and we will be £230 lighter in our pocket!

We have a gold lodge, 3 bedrooms, wood burner, flatscreen tv, all the mod-cons. Gorgeous underfloor heating which I hasten to add, always thought was rubbish until I came here! Kitchen adequately equipped and within half an hour of being in, a nice man came round to show us how everything worked. Staff at reception, lovely and friendly.

However, the totally and utterly bestest thing ever, is the jacuzzi hot tub - oh my goodness - the bliss! A) its huge, B) ITS HOT C) its amazing D) i want one. we have been out in it twice a day and I am now feeling as if I should be slightly nordik in my outlook.

The lodge overlooks a tidal loch and we have been down at low tide and collected mussels, which after cleaning and rinsing, jumped straight into a pot to stem open before being slathered in a parsley and whet wine sauce. Hugh FW, you would be proud of us!

Seals, swimming over to say hello, deer in the forest..... coming back? try to stop us!

No comments:

Post a Comment